The refrigerator in your home is essential to your daily life.
This rectangular shaped machine holds an array of the foods you love. Keeping yourself and your fridge healthy are important. When you have issues with your fridge, what do you do? In some cases, you may intuitively know it is broken, than thankfully you can call our toll free number (604) 259-5946 or visit our website Quick Appliance Repair for all your fridge repair needs.
Don’t you hate having a problematic fridge? Have you experienced harsh smells actually coming from the fridge, or a weird dingy smell coming out of your freezer? Regular maintenance from qualified technicians can be costly throughout the month. If you are looking for some tips on how to avoid fridge repair in Vancouver you’ve reached the right page!
If you are not ready to pick up the phone just yet, we have some tips that may help you debunk the problems that you are encountering with your fridge.
In order to maintain your refrigerator, you can follow these steps:
- Keep your fridge clean! This sounds like an easy one, but you know those spills or leaks from say fruits or juices that may be in your crisper or on a panel in your door? Those can be harmful to the other items in your fridge.
- Check expiry dates! Make sure that all the items in your fridge have not passed their shelf date. This can cause unwanted odors or also, like not cleaning your fridge, can affect the other items in your fridge.
- Vents! This is an important one. You want to make sure that the vents in your freezer are always open. Vents can be obstructed when there is an overabundance of food in your freezer. Allow the air to flow, so it can properly condition and keep your food safe for consuming.
- Set your refrigerator and freezer to appropriate temperatures. If your fridge and freezer are not the ideal temperature, they will not store your food safely; this can cause damage to your fridge. Fridge temperature should be at or below 40 F (4 C) and freezer temperature should be set to 0 F (-18 C).
- Consider cleaning the fans or coils behind your fridge. This simple task will help you extend the longevity of your fridge, while also decreasing the cost of maintenance. Cleaning the coils and fan will allow your fridge to stay cool and conditioned.
If you begin experiencing problems with your fridge/freezer, it’s time to call a professional to help you with same day fridge repairs in Vancouver! Call our toll free number (604) 259-5946 for a free quote!